BY GAIL OLIVER, AUTHOR OF 101 RUSTIC WEDDING IDEAS
Our friend, Sara, over at Burnett’s Boards (some of the best wedding inspiration boards out there!) recently did a board on Denim Weddings. Now, that may seem like an unusual choice, but with the surge in popularity of country, barn and rustic weddings, denim could play out nicely. So, here are some ideas you may want to incorporate if you decide to go with this more casual, down home wedding theme.
Some Unique Denim Wedding Ideas:
- The groomsmen can wear denim ties or bow ties only, if you feel that jeans and/or denim shirts is too casual. However, they could change into these just for the reception.
- For your bridesmaids denim skirts would be fun and you could add a layer of tulle or lace underneath to dress them up. You could contrast the denim skirt with a really dressy white blouse for a unique look.
- I love the ombre look of white fading into a color, like in the dress shown above. This has been a popular wedding trend to have your gown take on an ombre effect. For a denim wedding you could have the white fade into a slate or powder blue.
- Making wedding favors bags out of old jean pockets could be a cute idea for a country wedding.
- We all know how popular mason jars are at weddings right now. How about using a denim wrap around the jar instead of the more commonly seen burlap. Maybe have the table number embroidered onto the denim as well.
- A denim patchwork quilt would make a great backdrop for a guest photo booth.
- Use denim and white colored baker’s twine to tie place cards to napkins
- A bunting made out of denim triangles, spelling out the gift table or head table
- Make guests stand in a pair of very oversized jeans as a fun photo opportunity
- Denim goes really well with paisley bandanas, so use colorful bandanas as cloth napkins (they can be found at a dollar store) and DIY a denim napkin ring
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
PLEASE SHARE on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc., using the button below. Thanks!
COPYRIGHT 2012 © GAIL OLIVER, OLIVERINK