BY GUEST BLOGGER GAIL OLIVER, AUTHOR OF 663 MUST-HAVE WEDDING IDEAS
Every detail of the bride’s overall look is important on her wedding day. Here are some fresh ideas for small details you can add to your wedding gown that will make it a standout.
Wedding Gown Detail Ideas
- To make a simple wedding gown more dramatic, take a very long and wide white satin or tulle scarf that compliments the dress, and have it cascade around the front of your neck and down the back of the gown
- For a winter wedding, consider adding a fake white fur cuffs to the dress sleeves
- Add a large rosette or draping of fabric on one side or at the back of the gown
- For a early spring or late fall wedding, when the evening will be cooler, have a coordinating lace or brocade jacket designed to wear over the wedding gown
- As opposed to copying a dress from a magazine completely, considering taking the sleeves from one, the bodice from another, and the skirt from another to see what it creates
- Have the wedding dress be made of several detachable layers so there is a different dress for the ceremony, a different one for the reception, then a different one for dancing
- For a spring wedding, a dress made of a subtle floral print could work, especially if the colors are muted
- Consider all shades of white for a wedding dress, maybe even mix two different shades for the skirt and bodice — pure white, cream, ivory, bisque, vanilla and so forth.
- Add a collar of ostrich feathers to the neckline for some drama
- For a fall wedding, simply add an orange or brown sash to the dress to fit the scenery
- Have a layer of blue tulle (something blue!) underneath your gown, lightly peaking out below.
Bridal style is all about original touches. Any of these ideas will help give the bride a unique wedding look.
I’ll be back next Monday with more ideas….until then, Gail.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
PLEASE SHARE on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc., using the button below. Thanks!
COPYRIGHT 2013 © GAIL OLIVER, OLIVERINK