♥ GUEST BLOG BY GAIL OLIVER, AUTHOR OF 663 MUST-HAVE WEDDING IDEAS
Valentine’s Day is one of the most popular days to get married. Here are some fresh, new wedding ideas that will help add the Valentine’s theme to your day in a stylish way.
Wedding Decorations with a Valentine Theme
- If you don’t want to decorate exclusively in red, make the color scheme pink and white with small pops of red. Something like red chargers under the plates, one red flower in the middle of a pink bouquet, or red headbands on the bridesmaids.
- Since roses are very romantic, scatter red rose petals down the aisle (if the church approves), as well as on the head table, buffet table and gift table. Bags of simulated rose petals can be purchased at most craft stores.
- At the reception make the backdrop behind the head table a drape of red satin.
- For place cards, use miniature white plaster cupids (also available at any craft store) and pierce the guest’s heart-shaped place card through Cupid’s arrow.
Romantic Wedding Dinner Menu
- If serving dessert, be sure to have the chef line the side of each plate with a heart piped in chocolate or raspberry sauce.
- Offer guests a romantic chocolate drink like Godiva’s White Chocolate Liqueur when they arrive or at the end of the evening.
- Embellish the wedding cake with small cinnamon candy hearts.
Valentine Wedding Attire
- For a wedding gown, the bride could wear a red wedding dress if she dares, but otherwise she could just add hints of red, like small red crystals in the veil or dress train.
- Bridesmaids could wear dresses of varying shades of red or, alternatively, different fabrics such as red velvet, red satin, red taffeta, and so forth.
Other Valentine Wedding Ideas & Details
- It will cost quite a bit more but use raised red velvet lettering on invitations, or have the inside of the envelope lined in red
- Consider one of the original Valentine designs from the 1700s call the True Love Knot – a hand drawn maze of knotted loops with no beginning or end, for invite design
- Plan to arrive at the church in a vibrant red car, such as the Saab 9-3 Convertible in Laser Red, the Jaguar XJ in Radiance Red or the BMW 7 Sedan in Merlot Red
- Simple and inexpensive gestures include leaving a large opened heart-shaped box of chocolates on the gift table and beside the guest book. They’ll sign the book for sure.
- When you want your guests to get the bride and groom to kiss, they must tell their own love story or the most romantic gesture they have ever received.
- Instead of throwing the bouquet to the single women, randomly give each non-married female guest a single rose as a Valentine’s gesture. Put a fake diamond ring inside of one and whoever gets that one, is the next to get married.
WANT MORE UNIQUE WEDDING IDEAS? Get my ebook, 663 Must-Have Wedding Ideas, available at my Etsy shop.
I’ll be back next Monday with more ideas….until then, Gail.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
PLEASE SHARE on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc., using the button below. Thanks!
COPYRIGHT 2013 © GAIL OLIVER, OLIVERINK