The Face Behind the Blogging Mask
I am assuming that most of you have not read the ABOUT ME section of the blog, so I thought I’d spend a little time today sharing a little bit about ME.
Today I am going to be completely transparent with you and let you in on a little secret – so let’s get down to details.
Who Am I?
My name is Elvira DeCuir and I live in Orange County, CA (USA). I am a 33 year old wife to a wonderful husband and mom to a handsome and busy 2 year old son. My hubby and I will be celebrating 5 years of marriage in August and looking to hopefully celebrate somewhere tropical as we are thinking that it may be a good time after summer to start on baby #2, so an anniversary in paradise would be perfect! We are considering the Caribbean, Hawaii (our honeymoon destination) or Bora Bora – trying to figure out which one will be most cost effective – if you have any ideas or suggestions or even hookups, please do share! I am looking for white sandy beaches, sunshine, beautiful blue water, and a tropical cocktail – this to me embodies relaxation, paradise, and romance.
As you know I LOVE DIY projects, event decor, arts & crafts, party planning and weddings. Besides these things I also love karaoke, dancing, singing, writing poetry, reading (mainly murder mystery novels – I think I am a detective), pictures, movies, scrapbooking, wine tasting, cooking, traveling, exploring nature, outdoor activities (camping, swimming, fishing, hiking, boating, sports, etc), adventures, spending time with friends and family, shopping, and saving money! I love to wear jeans and cute flip flops, have an addiction to buying shoes, love to wear fuchsia nail polish on my toes, and love to dress up my eyes when I go out. I am a sucker for milk and white chocolate candy (especially Sees Candy), chocolate chip cookies, pizza, burgers, soft warm bread and blueberry muffins, and potatoes (any way I can get them – fried, baked, mashed, french fries, tater tots, hash browns, etc). I am an Aquarius (on the cusp), a compulsive buyer, type A personality, creative, strong-willed, a little bit of a control freak, and love to laugh! I am detailed-oriented, analytical, and a great debater – my hubby always tells me I should have been a lawyer. I am inquisitive and like to know the why behind why. I am very sentimental so it is hard for me to let go of things and I am a hopeless romantic at heart. I am 6ft 1.5in and I wear heels – I am used to being stared at and wished I could have been a model in my youth. (My hubby is 6ft 4in and our son is 39 in, in the 95 percentile for height – I am sure he will be tall. :)) I could go on and on about myself, my likes and dislikes, or quirky behaviors but I won’t bore you with the details, however if you have any questions feel free to ask!
Snapshot of My Background
I have a large immediate family with 5 siblings, 10 nieces & nephews, and 5 great nieces & nephews – so I love holidays and the chaos, laughs, and fun that comes with large family get-to-gethers. I played basketball in H.S. but was also a bit of a cool nerd, as I like to say, in high school and graduated Valedictorian with a 4.2 GPA. I graduated Cum Laude from California State University, Long Beach with a B.S. in Marketing & Management with a minor in Communication Studies, plus many academic accolades, and recognition and awards for leadership and my collegiate involvement. I spent 5 years in the mortgage financing industry, working for major banks – so I have a strong background in B2B sales.
Fast forward to present day and my little secret – besides writing for this blog and doing wedding/event planning, I actually have a full-time job with a large telecommunications company, supporting our wireless government customers across the US. I love my job because its put a roof over our heads, provides health benefits, and the flexibility to work remotely (stay-at-home mom + working mom = double workload), plus I enjoy what I do. Whew! So now you know, that I am an extremely busy lady – work, blog & social media, wedding/event planning, mom, wife, household responsibilities (cooking, cleaning, paying the bills, etc) – but somehow I’ve managed to keep my sanity and my workload. I am a 1 woman team with no hired help or the ability to spend all day working on posts and new content, so please bear with me if I miss a day or two or I am slower in implementing new things to the blog. I am sure many of you can relate to being busy and managing many things at once and as a mom and wife, sometimes I struggle with prioritizing everything, especially balancing career, what I love, and my family. I can’t take credit for mastering it but I think I’ve done a great job thus far. How does that saying go, “You do what you have to do, so you can do what you want to do”.
Did Someone Say Summer Vacation?
I absolutely LOVE the blog and hearing from all of my lovely readers, but in case you didnt know, it is very time-consuming. On top of that, I recently finished a wedding, just last weekend, that I had been working on for the past year and it was absolutely beautiful – I can’t wait until I get my hands on the lovely pictures so that I can share with you guys. With everything that has been going on, plus our recent move, I am feeling a little burned out and have decided to take a little vacation this summer to re-energize. You may be wondering what this means for 3D-Memoirs?
- Well, I’ll be taking a couple weeks off from blogging to spend some quality time with my son and hubby.
- Then I’ll be working on some tablescape and DIY photoshoots that I can share with you guys on the blog – I have some wonderful ideas and will need to spend some time putting it all together.
- Plan on seeing a fun fundraising post this summer to help Operation Shower collect some much needed supplies for their military baby showers this year – super excited about this plus you will have the chance to win some amazing goodies from some awesome vendors for participating!
- Also, I am excited to share that I am working on adding a shop to the blog – more details to come soon, but know that it is going to be wonderful!
- With all these exciting happenings + vacation here and there this summer, you’ll probably see less posts on Tuesday (Inspiration Board Tuesday), Thursday (Etsy Thursday), & Friday (DIY Fridays) over the next couple months, but I’ll definitely keep you posted and make sure I announce new posts on the blog!
- In the meantime, I want to invite you to look around the blog because I am sure that there are LOTS of posts that you may have missed. I recommend browsing each of the headings above (Etsy Thursdays, DIY, Inspiration Boards, Wedding Inspiration, My DIY Decor Portfolio, etc) or if you have something particular in mind – put it in the search box (top right hand side).
- Also, please make sure you are following me on Facebook – www.facebook.com/3dmemoirs , Twitter – www.twitter.com/3dmemoirs, and Pinterest – www.pinterest.com/3dmemoirs, so that you don’t miss any of the goodies I share. It would also be a great idea for you to peruse my boards on Pinterest for ideas and inspiration – I’ve got tons of lovely things on my boards!
So, please note that this by no means is a goodbye, just a partial summer vacation break where I will be working on some awesome things for you and the blog, as well as you can expect to still see some of the wonderful content that you love so much, it just may not be weekly until closer to the end of summer, but please stay tuned!
I would like to wish you all a wonderful 3 day weekend! I would also like to say a big THANK YOU to all military men and woman that have given or risked their lives for our country, our beliefs, and our freedom – it is your ultimate sacrifice that has granted me the liberties that I have today. Thank you to not only those that have given their lives, but also veterans, active military men and woman and their families – you deserve recognition year-round and I want you to know that I appreciate everything that you do and thank you for your courage, strength, dedication, and service!